Thursday, June 19, 2008

Mailbox Series # 3


From a Mailbox's Point of View

They shove thick envelopes in my mouth,

careless of the papercuts they give me.
I get so sick of that damn mailman.
He never shuts my lips properly.
He never gives me any attention.

My face is rounded near my forehead
and square down by my jaw.
My hinges creak when you peak inside.
I have no eyes, but I've got a single hand,
bright red. I never have a lot of questions
so I hardly ever raise it.
I only put it in the air when I want to know
who you're sending a letter to--
but you never tell me.

I swear, if I had teeth instead of metal gums,
I'd chew your mail to pieces!
And stop hanging heavy newpapers on my body!
And--*shoves mail in mouth*

Created by Mojywhatever on Wednesday, June 18, 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment